LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access device manager through labview

Hai All,

I want to build application to identify the USB devices connected to the PC.  I used to achieve this by using devmgr.dll, but i could not succeed.
So if any one knows how to do this means, please share it.

Thanks in Advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,459 Views)
Did you try the registry listing as I suggested in your original post?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,441 Views)

Thanks for your prompt response.

yes, off course!! But I could not find the device which i have connected with the PC.  Thats why i tried to access the same through device manager.  Please help me if you have any soloution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,438 Views)
In the future, please stick to the original post because you're not asking anything new, and it benefits others to see the history.

What have you tried so far, and what exactly "doesn't work"?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,435 Views)
Rather than messing around with that DLL, I would suggest using devcon instead. You can call it using System Exec.
Message 5 of 15
(9,431 Views)
O..Sure.  First i tired to get the required information through the Reistry key as you suggest.  But under the USB tree, i found more that 20 sub trees and no one of it hold the information about the USB device (Code warrior) which i have connected. After that I tried to access through devmgr.dll, and tried its different functions to get the required info.  But i am not sure which function i have to use to fetch the information. 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,429 Views)
I think devcon is going to be easier for you to use. Try it. For example, the command "devcon find usb\*" lists the USB devices. The command "devcon find *" lists ALL devices.
Message 7 of 15
(9,422 Views)
smercurio,
yet again you add another tool to my toolbox.  I think I am going to have to get a bigger one! Smiley Wink
Thank you Sir!
Jim

LV 2020
Message 8 of 15
(9,409 Views)
Can't take full credit for knowing about that utility. In this thread I suggested using that utility, and I indicated in that thread the original thread where I found out about that utility.
Message 9 of 15
(9,405 Views)
Thank you Sir.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(9,348 Views)