LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceleration to position.

I am using accelerometers (+/-2g) in an inertial navigation system. The input voltage is proportional to the acceleration.

The aim is to produce a map of XY coordinates. I also want to be able to plot events at the coordinates they occur at. Something like an intensity chart where the colour indicates the strength of the event would be ideal.

I am new to labview and have been struggling to get to grips with the program. In particular I have been having problems with the "integral(x)" vi which seems to require an array containing the waveform before any calculation is carried out. I am looking for a solution that instantly converts the input acceleration signal to a position. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,603 Views)
I just upgraded to LV6.1 and i believe the new Point-To_Point routines are something you should take a look at.
It's specially for real-time streaming data applications.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,603 Views)
Climber,
I posted a response to your other post. Hope its helpful.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HFORCEKWTID=26887:5&HOID=506500000008000000BD400000&HExpertOnly=&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,603 Views)
I don't have an answer but am trying to do the same thing. DOes anyone have an example VI?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,603 Views)