From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceleration to Velocity w/ accelerometer on NI 9234 DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

@J_K_er wrote:

I'm trying to recreate the functionality of a vibration analysis machine. Right now I'm trying to nail down the overall velocity in units of inches per second.

For this you need to know exactly what this machine is doing..( internal signal processing)

And who tells you that the shown value is correct?  Is there a type approval (acording to what?) or a calibration report ( ISO 17025)?

EDIT: Forget the cal report ... these units are for coarse monitoring ... don't expect to get the same values.

At least you can use a traceable chain.  (Accelerometer and DAQ with cal report, or at least a good uncertainty estination 😉

Next error source would be the same exitation .. magnetic pickups at higher frequencies... at ~30 m/s²....  I would estinate at least 10% error

I would mount both sensors with a bold on opposite sides on one plate and shake that plate.  (and use grease/oil on the mounting surface!)

(in 'my' lab we would use Laserdopplervibrometer and measure on the reference surface 😄  , but that need a good axial exitation ...  )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 11 of 11
(289 Views)