LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM UART interrupt

Hi everyone,

I just received my "Luminary Micro LM3S8962 Evaluation Board?" and I am very surprised to see that UART interrupts seems to be not supported. Is there a way to enable these interrupts in Labview for ARM or another way around? I can't believe you can't use this interrupt at all since it's a crucial feature.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,914 Views)

Hey Charles,

That is correct that UART interrupts are not supported in the LabVIEW 2011 Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers. I don't know if there is anyway to enable these interrupts or a workaround but I can check with R&D to see if it is possible. Sorry about the bad news but I will double check if there is a work around or another way to enable these interrupts and get back to you.

David

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,887 Views)

Wow, talk about a bad sales pitch!Smiley Sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 3 of 6
(2,882 Views)

I am really disappointed those interrupts have not been implemented along with I2C and SPI...

But thanks a lot for checking!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,877 Views)

Hey Charles,

I talked to R&D and they confirmed that there is not a way to implement this. An idea was to use the Bytes at Serial Port VI in a parallel loop with some approriate delay. Sorry again for the bad news. Have a great day!

Regards,

David

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,848 Views)

No interrupts ... use pollingSmiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,734 Views)