From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Waveform Scan Conversion of VI to LaqbVIEW 7.1

Hi,
I have a labVIEW program written in version Labview i think 5.1 or 6.0.  Im using labVIEW Version 7.1 and when I run the simulation it gives me error 10401.  I dont really understand what it means, but I am assuming that I cannot use AI Waveform Scan VI, therefore I must replace it.
Does anyone know any VI for the DAQmx that has the same properties such as channels, number of scans, scan rate,???

I would appreciate any help Thanks

Sophie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,615 Views)

Sophie,

Can you verify that you have traditional DAQ installed?  If you open MAX, then expand the software tab do you have "Traditional NI-DAQ" listed?  If not, then this would explain why you are seeing the -10401 error.  If you do not have it installed you should be able to download it from this site:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/C36A54ADDA3DC33D86257038004E55E6?opendocument&node=13206...

If it is installed then when you expand the "Devices and Interfaces" tab, you should have 2 categories, DAQmx devices and traditional DAQ devices.  You should expand the traditional daq devices tab.  From here you should be able to run Traditional DAQ's test panels on the device.  If this works, then you have verified that your drive is installed correctly and that your device is also functioning.  If this is the case, then something you are inputting in your VI is likely in error.  If this is the case, feel free to save the VI (make the values you are attempting to use default before saving) and post it here.  Also, if you could post the version of NI-DAQ you have installed as well as the hardware you are using it may be helpful.

Hope this helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,610 Views)