LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC help!!!

hello all,

Actually i'm working on ADC characterisation( STM32's ADCs ),for that reason i have to calculate INL ,DNL,SNR,THD...

my problems are:

1- i've found many VIs on this forum , they calclate all these parameters but they all use SIGNAL palette for FFT,POWER SPECTRUM,SINAD calculations, my problem is that i have the 2009 LABVIEW basic version without SIGANL PALETTE which i've to pay get it(i can't afford it) that's why i've got to make my own VIs to calculate FFt,POWERSPECTRUM....i'm new in labview and please i need help with all those calculations could someone help me with one of these parameters(FFT for exemple) so i can understand it, to make my own other VIs???????????

2-parameters as frenquency, number of samples must be added to command the stm32 ADC, is there any specification about sampling rate to calculate any prameter(for example my be SNr calculation must be calculated with specific number of samples and at specific frequency) so could someone please explain to me the importnace of these parameters and how can i choose them??

3-I've posted a vi on which i work actually: i've simulated an ADC and created a histogram in order to represent the digital data resulting from ADC conversion, but the histogram seems to give a wrong result(i'm confsued with how much samples i must use to give a good histogram presentation)

NB: this histogram will help me in my DNL/INL gain and offset calculation,if some one has an idea of how to fix this?

i know that this is too much but i'm really confused ,and i have to expose my work on 03 of november(it's a project at my college's laboratory), so please any help would be wellcome,i'd be greatfull if any one help me

BEST REGARDS,

SAM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,347 Views)

this is the VI i'm working on.

thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,343 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3