From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS550 control with LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is a 2014 version.

I used just my PC, no PLC or controllers at all. Connected to my drive using an Ethernet cable to a ABB RETA-01.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,298 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your help and time. Also I am thankful that you shared the VI. I am using ABB ACS 800 which does not have Reta-01. I can use input voltage of 10 V (Standard I/O) to the drive on RMIO-11 board to control the speed of the motor. I have the chassis NI 9038 and module NI 9264 (-10 V to 10 V). Can you please suggest me how would I build the VI or if you have one please share ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,297 Views)

Hey Alex,

I am using the NI SCB-68A for the communication of LabVIEW and ACS550. Do you have any suggestion of connection using the digital input of the drive?

Regards

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(1,281 Views)

I have never used the digital or analog inputs of the drive, only the External FBA module with Modbus protocol, sorry 😕

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,276 Views)

Hi

To control the drive from digital output, the drive would require PLC controller. For more information, help can be taken from the ABB help team and they can suggest the relevant components required for digital control.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,257 Views)

Dear Alex,

Sorry for the bother so late. I am quite new to the device control of Labview. I recently set up a ABB ACS550 drive to control a water tunnel flow speed. And I would be grateful if you could share your program. Besides, although I have the user's mannual of ACS550, I don't know how to conncet it to the computer or NI USB-6210( my DAQ). I want to change the frequency of the drive and keep it at a certain value for several minutes, then change to anthoer value... I am not sure wheter it could be achieved using Labview. I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(880 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your share. But I could not open the link of your blog. I don not know if it is still available.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(877 Views)

I'm sorry, the blog is no longer there. I wish I could help more!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(856 Views)