LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A program that helps create test questions from answers written in Microsoft Word in version 8.5

I can not think of a code to create a test program that will read information from a file (Microsoft Word) and generate randomly read information so that the program eventually issues a question and a couple of answers from below, pressing the "forward" etc. What do you advise? Below is a variant of reading information from the Word. Version of Labview 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,704 Views)

Akimzhan,

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. From my understanding, you are trying to randomly read in words from a word document and have it create a question based on that information. However, I'm not sure what you mean by "question". Once I have a little more information, I can work on finding a direction to point you in!

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,638 Views)

I will be very grateful to your help, but I did not put it right. This program should consider those exam questions with answers that are in the file. But the task was complicated by the fact that the file should be of the doсх (Microsoft office Word)format. The file will contain the questions prepared by the teacher, and several options will be presented below. Then it is necessary to read this information from the file in the labview. Then the program should generate a random order of questions and answers in them. When choosing the correct answer, at the end of the sum of the correct answers should be summed up, to get an estimate. It is also necessary to output the errors of the test person after the completion of the test.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,632 Views)

How about trying to covert the docx file into a plain text first? Stackoverflow has a good summary of options to do this. Labview can even be used to call command line functions with the System Exec.vi

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5671988/how-to-extract-just-plain-text-from-doc-docx-files-unix

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,626 Views)

Yes, I tried in the beginning to just read the information, using a specific library, but later I ran into such a problem, then I can not share the text. It is necessary for me because, it is necessary to deduce questions in a separate terminal, and answers in others, and thus the given answers should accept the order given by him by the generator of random numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,620 Views)