LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bad driver, or something in my project?

I don't think you have to edit the pallet at all. If your instrument driver is in the correct place, I think you can just drop items from the pallet. I noticed in a previous picture that you also added the drivers to your project, which I think is where the conflict arises. Try removing the explicit reference to the drivers and make sure you only see the instrument drivers underneath the dependencies portion.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(646 Views)

Thanks for the response

I see what you are saying. But I am not sure I know how it gets that way. When I load the driver It loads into the instr.lib off of here, "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\instr.lib"

One of the house keeping things that the guru on my last question helped me with, was to move everything EXCEPT the drivers to here: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\LV Project Signal Generator Nov 2017".

I do remember one of the drivers showing up outside of the dependency list in my Project Explorer. The last burn and slash I did was to physically delete the 3 drivers that conflict. The one outside of Dependencies that you are mentioning, I had to right click, and select "remove from project". This is what it looks like now, and no conflicts.

I will download one of the other drivers, and drop an init.vi onto the block diagram, and we will see where it puts it.conflict_e.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(632 Views)

conflict_f.png

The smoking gun! This is a result of my downloading the driver to the expected location, and then opening the block diagram in order to put the init.vi for this HP8563E instrument on the page. It insists that I will have conflicts, and that by the very desire to add a vi from the driver to my block diagram the program will have to add it to my project!

Now what do I do? I clicked the cancel button.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(629 Views)

Can you please zip up your project and upload it here? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(625 Views)

Hopefully you have this zip util. I only have pkzip on 3 1/2" diskettes in the garage. Not kidding. 🙂 If not, it is a handy little tool found at "http://www.7-zip.org/"

But here is the deal. You are helping me, so if this is too much a pain, I will figure out a way to zip it the way you want.

As far as the project is concerned, it doesn't communicate with anything, because I'm switching it over to different units to test, and different test equipment. I also am changing over the control pages, more importantly maintenance.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(619 Views)

Well, I don't see anything too fishy in there. If it's just the .mnu files it's complaining about I might even just ignore it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(615 Views)

@Hobbs23 wrote:

Hopefully you have this zip util. I only have pkzip on 3 1/2" diskettes in the garage. Not kidding. 🙂 If not, it is a handy little tool found at "http://www.7-zip.org/"

In all the recent version of windows I've seen, you just right click on a file or folder and pick Send To >  Compressed (zipped) folder.

Much better option since not everyone has gone and installed 7 zip.

Message 17 of 19
(613 Views)

Ok, so...

RavenFan wrote: In all the recent version of windows I've seen, you just right click on a file or folder and pick Send To >  Compressed (zipped) folder.

Me: ...#Headexplodeswithrealization

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(611 Views)

Hey Gregoryj

Thanks for looking at it.

I am a newbe, and have been trying to find out what "Best Practice" applies especially to areas that the program complains about. I have been bitten before by small annoying errors that I ignored. Do you think in this case it is something that was corrected in newer versions? I will try to do some further research on Pallets etc.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(608 Views)