LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Class's Private Data and A Tab Control

zenthoef wrote:

Smiley Very Happy LOL...

Even though I started this thread, I was debating if I should start another post or not to cover my original issue! Smiley Wink

I always wondered if it was possible to hijack your own thread, maybe it is...

Message 21 of 24
(396 Views)

@zenthoef wrote:

(...)

What Rogerlsaksson asked on Friday about looking to have a ctrl/indicator reference to the tab control in my GUI glass may make more sense for what I am trying to accomplish. Perhaps the tab class's data should be a reference to the tab control and its methods should be things like updating the tab's value or updating ctrls/indicators that live on the tab control. Will this lead me in a good direction for an OO GUI? Or do I have other options I am overlooking?

(...)

KISS for teh win! Where's my kudos & problem solved? Smiley LOL Smiley Tongue

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(390 Views)

@User002 wrote:

KISS for teh win! Where's my kudos & problem solved? Smiley LOL Smiley Tongue

Br,

/Roger

I'll give you the kudos for sure! Smiley Happy

Not sure abuout the solution accpeted yet... In theory the reference in the private data sounds good, but I'm not totally sure if I'll like the implementation. I am trying to get away from updating indicators by reference and update them directly. However, I see the value in having the reference as data and the methods are things like updating the value or enabling/disabling the indicator.  Maybe you have some code to share so that I can see a concrete example in action?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(383 Views)

@zenthoef wrote:

I'll give you the kudos for sure! Smiley Happy

Maybe you have some code to share so that I can see a concrete example in action?

Yup, I got a pet project related to UAV's with the client code/lvproj using reference to the controls in the UI.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22720

I hope you like GIT, because the project is hosted at gitorious.org? Smiley LOL

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(366 Views)