LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6514 digital outputs not working

Hi all,

Its been a while that I posted here on the forum. I was out of touch from labView but recently I started working again. Currently I am working with PCI 6514 Daq card. The card has port4~7 working as digital output ports. Now the problem I am facing with is that all the ports were working fine till suddenly complete port 4 stopper working, soo instead I started using port 5 and then after a while same happend to it. I have been trying to figure it out that what happend but till now it doesnt make any sense to me. My setup is simple, I connect SH100-100-F Cable from the PCI card to the SCB-100 connector block. No external power source or anything. but strangly the ports are not workin...

Best Regards

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,872 Views)

Well, it certainly sounds like something is getting toasted. What are these outputs driving?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,844 Views)

I am of the same opinion but i am hopeing my hardware is not toasted... soo the outputs actually drive a relay switch which when turned on lights up some lights (20 V) but in the whole circuit I am not sure how can it get toasted ? but most importantly how to get them working back again ?

Best Regards,

Ali Asad

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,835 Views)
Do you have suppression diodes on the relay coils? Without them, you can easily fry your digital lines.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,830 Views)
The process of getting them working again is easy: buy a new 6514 --- or maybe NI can fix the one you have.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 8
(2,823 Views)

yup actually the card is not working  😞

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,781 Views)

How have you been testing to confirm the ports or the card itself (as you mention now) are not working?

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,756 Views)

@nolsqn wrote:

soo the outputs actually drive a relay switch which when turned on lights up some lights (20 V)

Are you driving the coil of the relay directly from the output of the card?  Looks like the card is only capable of 75mA "on all channels"

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13575

Is it possible that you are driving too much current and causing the life of the digital lines to die prematurely?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,750 Views)