LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit LV crashes on opening - Exception: Unknown (0xC06D007E) at EIP=0x00007FFB

Computer updated itself to Windows 10 anniversary edition. Now 64 bit versions
of LabVIEW 2014 and 2015 crash when trying to open. LabVIEW 2016 is OK as are
2010-2016 32 bit versions.

Get an error message of: Exception: Unknown (0xC06D007E) at EIP=0x00007FFB5E817788

Tried both repairing installations as well as removing and reinstalling 64 bit LabVIEW versions.

I've tried to repair Windows with SFC and DISM without any luck.

Have submitted several crash reports to NI

I haven't found any other applications that are having problems loading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(11,167 Views)

What is your windows version? 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(11,157 Views)

From the windows ID page

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1607

Build 14393.51

Intel core I5-2450M CPU @ 2.50 GHz

16 GB RAM

64 bit OS, x64-based processor

KINGSTON_SHSS37A960G SSD Hard Drive

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(11,153 Views)

Can you try checking the System File Checker and see if any corrupted files it should fix:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(11,136 Views)

As is stated above, I've already tried both SFC and DISM.

Neither one made a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(11,130 Views)

From what OS did your computer update itself?  Note that only LabVIEW 2015 and 2016 are certified to work in Windows 10.  Also note that 64-bit LabVIEW is a little less "feature-complete" than 32-bit LabVIEW.

If your update was from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10, then I would definitely do a "repair-install" of LabVIEW.  Even if it was from "Original Windows 10" to "Anniversary Windows 10", if LabVIEW now "breaks", I'd try a repair-install procedure, if necessary.  You'll need your Installation files to do this ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(11,113 Views)

Udka and Bob,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Please forgive me if I give a snarky response, I've been fighting this for 2 days now.

I am aware of the limitations of the 64 bit versions of LabVIEW. At least 2016 includes the report  writer in the 64 bit version. Now if they would include DSC, we could migrate our development environment to 64 bit, but I digress.

In answer to your questions about OS migration. Originally my computer was Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago. I upgraded my hard drive to an SSD a few months ago. Finally, I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update a couple of days ago. That is when I started having problems.

As a side note, my backup computer has followed the same path (except for the SSD drive) and all versions of LabVIEW are working on it both 32 and 64 bit versions.

I've already tried both repair installs and totally removing and clean reinstalling the 2014 and 2015 64 bit versions.

After doing some research on line I've tried running both SFC and DISM. Neither of them found any Windows issues to repair.

None of these things has resolved my problem.

I'm actually surprised that 2016 64 bit works since neither 2014 or 2015 will open.

I'm sure that there is a broken driver or dll somewhere that is causing this to happen, but don't know how to find it. Meanwhile I'm open for other suggestions on how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(11,110 Views)

Just as an additional datapoint, I have upgraded one of my computers to the W10 anniversnary edition and all installed LabVIEW versions (incl 2015 and 2014 64bit) are still working fine. Are you using any particular toolkits or drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(11,102 Views)

My license is for what used to be known as the developer's suite (most of which isn't in the 64 bit version anyway), along with a DSC license.

I do not use any NI hardware

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(11,098 Views)

I'm half tempted to follow the trends and suggest you do the steps you've already listed trying.

As a fun fact for future troubleshooting, if his OS updated and it affected prior installed software, we can assume the software was installed prior.  This means the 64-bit installing means he's got a 64-bit OS.

It's strange you're running into quite so many issues (even though 2014 isn't officially supported).  When you tried the uninstall/reinstall, did you run from the setup with the /reinstall flag?  If not, I'd give that a try.  That can write over some registry/dll corruption sometimes.  All you do is open the command prompt as admin, find the installer's directory, and run "setup.exe /reinstall" to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(11,097 Views)