From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit LV crashes on opening - Exception: Unknown (0xC06D007E) at EIP=0x00007FFB

Tried running from the command prompt as suggested.

No such luck!

Still crashes when starting

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(4,963 Views)

Does the crash result in a dmp file you can send in or something else?

Also, how are you opening LV?  Are you using a shortcut?  Opening a project?  Opening a VI?

Whichever you are trying, try one of the others. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(4,950 Views)

Doesn't seem to matter which way I start LabVIEW. After the splash screen, i get the crash screen.

I am attaching both the dump and log files from a typical crash.

I had to rename the dmp file in order to get it past teh loader

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(4,936 Views)

I apologize.  I missed you saying you submitted crash reports.  That means you're definitely seeing the screen that tells you it's crashing.

There is one piece I wanted to get some clarification on.  "After the splash screen."  Does this happen before or after the second screen that shows the projects and VIs you can create or open?  I'm trying to figure out if we see that screen open up at all or if we crash before it.  If we crash after it, it sounds like it's related to the VI/project being opened.  It sounds like you're pretty thorough.  Have we tried opening a blank VI to see if the behavior persists?  I suspect you have.

With it being Monday, hopefully we'll get some blue names to come grab the dmp file.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(4,923 Views)

After the first screen, but before the second one.

I can't get to the point of loading a vi or project.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(4,920 Views)

Hi Clark,

From the crash dump you posted it seems like the behavior you're experiencing coincides with a known issue that R&D has recently become aware of (CAR # 511213 for your records). One of my colleagues noticed that you've also created a service request regarding this issue, so he'll work with you and update this thread if you're able to put together a work-around solution.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(4,899 Views)

Try launching MAX and other NI applications. If any give an error saying the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, then the LabVIEW crash may also be related. See the following document for more information and a solution:

NI Application Is Not Launching because the File Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll Is Missing

Message 17 of 20
(4,581 Views)

The issue resolved itself last week with a later Windows update.

It seems the good folks up in Redmond have finally figured out what was missing from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Message 18 of 20
(4,574 Views)

Hello .I have the same problem today. My equipment is using 32 bits Labview Version 2013.

The problem is in the MAX, I cannot opened. Not sure if there was an update automatically. But, I wanted to the see the LIN Port available in the device but, I could not.

Could you please share any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

SMR

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,796 Views)

@SergioMRendon wrote:

Hello .I have the same problem today. My equipment is using 32 bits Labview Version 2013.

The problem is in the MAX, I cannot opened. Not sure if there was an update automatically. But, I wanted to the see the LIN Port available in the device but, I could not.

Could you please share any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

SMR

From your description, your problem doesn't seem related at all.  You'd probably be better off starting a new topic (or start explaining how a problem with NI-MAX and LV 2013 32-bit relates to a topic with Windows 10 and LV 2014 and 2015 64-bit).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 20 of 20
(1,788 Views)