LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-probe measurement using Agilent B2912A

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to set B2912A Source meter to measure resistance in 4 probe method.

I tried looking into the device driver's tree.vi, however, couldn't find any way to configure the device for 4 probe mode and to gather data in that mode.

If I were to measure it manually. I would set it to 4 probe mode, then set the resistance range to V/I mode, set the source voltage (current) something like 2-5V depending on expected resistance and based on the sense current resistance value would be read out.

I'm very new to LabVIEW I have never interfaced any instrument so far, I have attached the vi that I have made so far, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamashwin99

What you are looking for is more commonly referred to as Remote Sensing.  There is a VI in the Keysight B29xx LabVIEW driver for setting that up or SCPI command is ":SENS:REM ON;"

Depending on what you are measuring its usually best to source current and measure voltage.  As such Keysight has an automatic resistance measurement mode where it sources increasing current until a voltage limit is reached (2V default).  Here's how I do that with remote sensing.

B29xx_auto_ohms.png

Message 2 of 3
(2,482 Views)

Thanks for the tip on Remote Sensing block.

This worked for me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,468 Views)