From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D object scanner

Thanks for suggestions guys,

Forgot to mention that I have tried this using FARO laser arm and hence I am sure this will give the 3D image of that exposed localised parts.

I am planning to order NI board but confused which one to buy

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(769 Views)

But the FARO arm can move, the MicroTrak cannot.  You still haven't told us how you plan to control the position of the beam in relation to the object.  Something has to move in a position controlled manner to provide spatial info back to the imaging software.  Reading the output of the MicroTrak is easy.   It has a max output of 40KHz and there are many, many DAQs that can do that for one channel.  Your decision is mostly financial there.  If you need to scan a laser beam or move the MicroTrak in a feedback-controlled way, that's when things get more compicated and you'll need to chose a DAQ with better Analog Out (AO) abilities.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(755 Views)

Finance is not the concern.

Also the s/w is just Labview I think for which I have the licence copy. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(738 Views)

I would suggest an X-series USB-6351:  http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209071

It will be more than enough for your current needs and be useful for future projects as well.

Have you checked out this 3D scanning forum?  There is a lot of information on products similar to what you are doing:  http://www.3dlaserscanning.org

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(734 Views)

Hey Thank you very much 

You have been really kind in replying.

Will start mostly with this board inspite being a lil expensive.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(731 Views)