LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Picture Control - SceneWindow Frustum parameters question

Hi,

I have a basic question about a 3D Picture Control, Projection:Frustum method.

I understand what a frustum projection is, but I don't know what to put in the Left, Right, Bottom and Top parameters. I assume that the Near and Far parameters are the distance between the camera and the near or far plane, right? (The camera position, target and up direction are also important for the near and far parameters...) But what about the Right/Left/Top/Bottom? Since the frustum has a pyramidal shape, I don't see where are these parameters. Is it on the near plane, or is it on the far plane, or is it in the middle of these two planes, or is it an angle?

In the LabVIEW help it says:

Left: Specifies the left bound of the frustum

Right: Specifies the right bound of the frustum

Bottom: Specifies the bottom bound of the frustum

Top: Specifies the top bound of the frustum

Doesn't helping me much....

Anyone knows?

Thank you very much

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,761 Views)

Hi again,

I don't know if I was clear enough so I'll put a picture in this message.

Is it: 

1) The angle between the middle of the camera view and the right bound? (I guess not, because in the LabVIEW help, it says that it's a bound, not an angle)

2) The right bound size in the near plane?

3) The right bound size in the far plane?

4) Somewhere else?

Thank you

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,751 Views)

Hi,

I believe the bounds would be for the far plane.  The near plane and far plane inputs specify the plane distance from the camera. 

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,712 Views)

Hey Stephanie

Were you able to use this property, I cant see anything on scene even if I play with anything.

I know you have used it long back, I hope you still have those files with you

Thanks a lot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,385 Views)