From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34970A Voltage data logger

I am using an Agilent 34970A with a 20 channel multiplexer card to try and read 10 DC voltage readings and log the results.

I have looked at some of the examples given with the 34970A Driver but so far not got any of them to read and display
any voltages.All that seems to happen in the 34970A goes into remote mode but no voltage reading is displayed on the front panel of the PC.
The Vi does not seem to configure the 34970A for any DC Voltage readings as channel 101 etc are still shown as OFF on the 34970A 's display panel.

Can anyone give me a VI that would work with this set up.Even if it just reads one DC Voltage input from channel 101 to get me started.

It can be in version 7.1 or 8.0 as have several machines running differant versions.

Regards,
               Labtech5555
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,842 Views)
Hi labtech5555,

I was wondering if you could clarify a few things:

How are you communicating to the device? Can you check from within MAX that you can communicate to the device (e.g. *IDN? for GPIB)? Are you seeing any error codes? Finally, do you have NI-VISA installed, and if so which version?

Regards,

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,829 Views)

Hi Dan,

I am communicating to the device using RS232 at 57600K.The program makes contact with the agilent device

as the front panel of the device shows RMT or something similiar which shows its in remote mode.There are no error codes.

This morning tried one of the switch programs from the drivers and it did open or close the channel switch 101 when the led was lit or unlit.

But not yet managed to get any voltages up on the screen that the channels are connected to,channels 101 and 102 for example.

The NI-VISA is version 3.4 and currently using labview 8.0

Regards,

Labtech5555

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,824 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried reading through this Getting Started Guide? http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4644

Also, could you post a screenshot of your front panel showing all your settings you are using for the configuration of the device?

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,810 Views)

I HAVE THE SIMILAR PROBLEM. I AM USING AGILENT 34970A DATA ACQUISITION SWITCH UNIT WITH SCANNING CARD AGILENT 34901A. I WANT TO MEASURE VOLTAGE MEASUREMENTS FROM THREE-CHANNEL PHOTODIODE BY USING CHANNELS 102, 103 AND 104 SIMULTANEOUSLY. I USED THREE TYPES OF THE SAME LABVIEW CODE GIVEN IN FIGURE 3 (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4644) FOR READING THE VOLTAGE FROM EACH CHANNEL. HOVEWER THE OBTAINED VOLTAGE RESULTS ARE INCORRECT BY COMPARING WITH MONITORING RESULTS. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN THE VOLTAGE AT THE CHANNEL 102 IS 2.12 V, THE VOLTAGE READOUT OBTAINED VIA THE SOFTWARE CHANGE RANDOMLY BETWEEN 0.6 V AND 11 V. THE SAME SITUATIONS ARE OBSERVED FOR THE OTHER CHANNELS, 103 AND 104.

CHOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,779 Views)

You obviously have a broken keyboard so fix that first.

Then, run the examples that come with the driver. You also have the EZ Voltage function on your palette. Run that with a single channel and see what you get.

p.s. You certainly cannot get data 'simultaneously' so I don't understand that statement at all.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,772 Views)

Hi Dennis,

When I even use single channel i.e. 102,  I am encountering the problem during the use of EZ Voltage.vi driver. I think that the spike voltage enter in internal DMM when the relay is opened in the relevant channel. When using the Display.vi, I haven't faced any problem. However, when using the Display.vi, there is no option of monitoring the channels 102, 103 and 104 conscutively in Lab view. Additionally, when using the "BenchLink Data Logger" to monitor the single channel like 104, there is no problem but instead of using of single channel when scanning mode is run with  "BenchLink Data Logger" I faced the same spike based problems for all three channels selected. I fixed my keyboard by pressing "Caps Lock":-)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,741 Views)