LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 way vertical toggle switch

More Kudos to altenbach.  Using your old 3waySwitchSingle as inspiration I submit the SPDTVerticalToggleSwitch for comment/modifications.  I think it accurately mimics the action of an electronic SPDT switch.  The mechanical action of either switch can be changed to give momentary action on either side, or both. 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(1,516 Views)

Now, if there are any artists out there (as I certainly am not), I could use this converted to an horizontal SPDT at about twice the size.  Just to be picky, and as an added challenge, the base of the toggle should be slightly tapered. Smiley Wink

Thanks for any and all replies.  You guys rock!

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(1,507 Views)

@rkesmodel wrote:

The mechanical action of either switch can be changed to give momentary action on either side, or both. 

I thinks will give you the same effect, even when changing to "switch until released". Try it.

(there could also be a use case to be able to immediately switch from up to down (or vice versa), but that might need more logic).

3wayer.png

(The absence of value properties now also allow latch actions, but make sure to keep both enabled at all times in that case)

Message 33 of 40
(1,506 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@rkesmodel wrote:

The mechanical action of either switch can be changed to give momentary action on either side, or both. 

I thinks will give you the same effect, even when changing to "switch until released". Try it.

(there could also be a use case to be able to immediately switch from up to down (or vice versa), but that might need more logic).

3wayer.png

(The absence of value properties now also allow latch actions, but make sure to keep both enabled at all times in that case)

Thanks.  I'll check that out tomorrow (about to leave for the day).  No need for immediate switch from top to bottom if mimicking a true SPDT as that is impossible. 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(1,504 Views)

Another option might be to use a radiobutton control as follows (make sure to "allow no selection").

3wayRadio.png

Message 35 of 40
(1,498 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Another option might be to use a radiobutton control as follows (make sure to "allow no selection").

3wayRadio.png

Thanks.  That works, too.  I'm copying it into my 'Switches' folder.  However, it takes away the ability to change the Mechanical Action.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(1,483 Views)

@rkesmodel wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@rkesmodel wrote:

3wayer.png

Thanks.  I'll check that out tomorrow (about to leave for the day).  No need for immediate switch from top to bottom if mimicking a true SPDT as that is impossible. 

You are correct, and your version is cleaner.  Thanks.  Here is the better version, if any are interested.  I am a little disappointed that no one took me up on creating the horizontal version.  I will see what I can come up with.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(1,481 Views)

@rkesmodel wrote:
Here is the better version, if any are interested.  I am a little disappointed that no one took me up on creating the horizontal version.  I will see what I can come up with.

One more  thing. Note that if you would change any of the LEDs to TRUE at edit time and run the VI, they will remain lit until the  3way switch is operated at least once. To fix that, got to VI properties...execution and enable "clear indicator when called". Now they reset whenever you run the VI without the need of any additional code.

ClearEm.png

Message 38 of 40
(1,471 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@rkesmodel wrote:
Here is the better version, if any are interested.  I am a little disappointed that no one took me up on creating the horizontal version.  I will see what I can come up with.

One more  thing. Note that if you would change any of the LEDs to TRUE at edit time and run the VI, they will remain lit until the  3way switch is operated at least once. To fix that, got to VI properties...execution and enable "clear indicator when called". Now that reset whenever you run the VI without the need of any additional code.

ClearEm.png

Cool. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(1,465 Views)

altenbach,

I hope you are out there.  I need help.  I have completed the art work (except for the background) and tried to combine the controls the way you did, without success.  The controls work fine, as long as you don't run the vi.  What is wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(1,257 Views)