LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Gaussian Fit Problem.

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry, I don't have IMAQ. Could you replace your image with a diagram constant of a 2D array?

Also, since your data is arranged in a grid, all you need is reshape to a 1D array (the picture array and the function output inside the model), you don't need this advanced coding that also works for scattered xyz data.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(5,172 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Also, since your data is arranged in a grid, all you need is reshape to a 1D array (the picture array and the function output inside the model), you don't need this advanced coding that also works for scattered xyz data.

Here is an old example for this. (read the entire thread to fit for an elliptic peak of arbitrary rotation, see image below)

Message 12 of 24
(5,170 Views)

Dear 

I replaced the same image with static 2d array. thanks for your time

cheers

xg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(5,163 Views)

As I said, you should use code that is optmized for gridded data. There is no reason to do the xyz dance.

Here's a quick rewrite of my older code.

(simply read your PNG file, wat a few seconds, and it will fit it just fine. For faster fitting, you should take a reasonably sized subset around the peak)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(5,152 Views)

And here's how it would look taking a reasonable subset. Much faster! (same model VI as above)

Download All
Message 15 of 24
(5,150 Views)

Dear  

Many thanks for your quick reply and help. I thought of using the subset too.

I will need a newer version to read your code. ( my one is 2012 ).

very appreciated your time.

xg

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(5,138 Views)

Here's the LabVIEW 2012 version.

(EDIT: rezipped and uploaded new version)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(5,128 Views)

Many thanks

again, thanks for your help.

xg  

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(5,118 Views)

I am having trouble extracting your zip file.  It seems corrupt.  Could you please re-upload a new version?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(5,082 Views)

This thread contains 6 zip files. can you tell which one is giving you problems?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(5,073 Views)