LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-23023 error in Non linear system solver

LV 6.1 is obsolete so you must upgrade experiment code to a newer version. There is a bug found in LV 8.2 that a particular system of equations given to the "Nonlinear System Solver.vi" gets the output of empty arrays. This error was solved in the new function:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/gmath/nonlinear_system_solver/

It is suppose you can fix this problem changing the attached files in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X.X\vi.lib\gmath\zero.llb, but this has been tested only in LV 8.2

In addition, when using the LabVIEW nD Nonlilnear System Solver VI with the variable "t", error -23001 occurs.  Any other variable letter appears to work without error, but there doesn't appear to be anything that documents not using that particular variable with this VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(649 Views)

I cannot save back to version 6.1.

When I use your Start and End values I get no outputs from either the old solver or the one in LV 2011. Both return 0 error also.

I implemented your formula in native LV functions rather than using the solver and found that the results using either the Start or End values are quite close to each other.  Some rows are the same within 4 significant figures.  I suspect that your set of equations may not have a valid solution.

Here are images of what I have done. The first shows the values calculated by the five formulas.  The number above each column identifies the equations by the first constant in the formulas.  The formulas to the right of the Numerical Values array indicate the portion of each formula shown in that row. The second row is the value of ln(constant/c) for example.  The values of a, b, n, d, and c are those in Start.

The second image shows the block diagram showing how the constants were entered.

The third image shows the block diagram of the subVI which calculates the numerical values.

Lynn

Numerical results.png

Native math.png

Math subVI.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(640 Views)

I´m going to change the aspect of the equation, and I´m going to reduce the parameters to 3. I send you the results or the problems. 🙂

You told that you don´t have any error, also with the vi that I send you?. I don´t understand if you make one test with my version of the program or with the version of the solver of my program but in a newer version of the program. This is important because I run the program and I always have the -23001 error. why?.

Do you think that the formula is write in the right way?, I mean, I don´t know yet why with  comas I have the error -23023 and with points the error -23001. Maybe the last error is because I use wrong characters in the equation.  

Thank you for all.

Vicente.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(633 Views)

Thank you Sendia for the information about the versions and the problem with the sub vi. I´m going to try to reduce the variables and if it doesn´t work, I´m going to try to run the program in the last version.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(629 Views)

I change the point with comas, an I wire de numbres of trials and the program gives me error 0!!

Now I have the challenge of the solutions of the equation system. I´m going to try what I told you in the other post.

Vicente.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(627 Views)

I am glad you are making progress!

Please let us know hwat you find.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(623 Views)