From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error building source distribution

Solved!
Go to solution

I get an error when building source distribution saying:

"LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: The file at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\utf\common\conversion\utf_string_to_tag.vi' was expected to have the qualified name 'NI_UnitTestFramework.lvlib:utf_string_to_tag.vi', but has the qualified name 'utf_string_to_tag.vi'.

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - OpenData.vi. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.
- Open all libraries included in the build and verify the existence and locations of referenced files. Also, try building with the additional exclusion option, "Remove unused members of project libraries", checked."

Any ideas why this happens?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,547 Views)

Obvious question, but have your tried the recommendations?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,534 Views)

I believe MoReese is right, first try to follow up with the suggestions, if it still doesn't work, please make some printscreens and please show us if the files are in the project, all the dependencies. Usualy if some dependencies are not available you get the warning information about that prior building the source distribution

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrej

I don't know what was wrong but I restarted Labview and it worked. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,505 Views)