LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1d cluster array replace value in a 1d boolean array (without using Loop)

Hi ,

is there a way to replace the values (string , boolean) ​​of a 1D array Cluster with value of 1D boolean array without using loop ?

Regards

Simone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,365 Views)

Nope.  Have fun with the FOR loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,359 Views)

What is wrong about using a loop? Your question is analogous to asking: "Can I drive a car without wheels?"

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,346 Views)

The problem is about speed and cpu.... using "Replace Array Subset" could be the right solution but I do not know how....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Replace Array Subset requires that the array elements are type compatible with the elements that you want to replace. That seems not the case in your example.

And the For Loop is anything but slow. How many billion elements do you expect your array to have to worry about performance of the for loop? With the type definition of your example even a ready made LabVIEW function would have to do internally a for loop too, since the boolean data inside the original array can not be in a continous memory area.

Maybe if you show us what you try to do with the for loop we can understand better what your concerns are. As it is from the front panel image alone it is really hard to understand what your imagined problem might be.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,328 Views)