LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 bit Image from a camera

Hello,

I'm acquiring some data from a x-ray detector. With each acquisition I obtain a column of the image that I want. The problem is that after n iteration I have a matrix of pixel values 192xN (with N=n.of iterations) see image attached for an example of the matrix. I'd like to convert this matrix into an image and I called IMAQ..but I can't have a image that has sense!

Here what the producer told me to do with my matrix:

upscale the 12 bit values into a 16 bit gray scale value. Each pixel in the image data is then multiplied by this scale factor prior to feeding it into the image manipulation functions supplied by the PresentationCore .NET Assembly, specifically the BitmapSource class supplied in the System.Windows.Media.Imaging namespace.

I attach also the current block diagram. Any Idea on how to convert properly the pixel and how to save the image? My last attempt was with encoding u16 and I can't save the resulting image.

If more information are needed, please let me know!

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,424 Views)

I don't understand your scaling - and the scaled outputs aren't being used.

To scale a 12 bit value to 16 bits you multiply by 16 - which is all integer math. What is the division and other stuff for?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,386 Views)

I converted the data using I16 (conversion pallet) but IMAQ is not producing any image.Any idea why not?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,358 Views)