LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-113, "undefined header, read" error -1074000000

Hello, I am new to labview and I am writing a program to read  measurements from a DM3058E. When i run the program, the Digital multimeter flashes on and off and then labview stop the program and give the following error: 

-110,"Command header error"

'-113, "undefined header, read" 0, "No error" -1074000000'.

Capture.PNG

and here is my code:

Capture.PNG

The initialization session does not give me any error but the error appear when i run the configuration session;

Capture.PNG

and the error occur only when i run the last VI cicled in red as shown below:

Capture.PNG

I am running labview 2013. Please help me your help will be really appriciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(10,381 Views)

Hi Shalongo,

check the commands sent to your Rigol. Then compare those commands to the descriptions given in your Rigol manual.

After doing so you need to adapt your device driver to the allowed commands/options…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 15
(10,371 Views)

FYI - here is a list of standard SCPI errors.  Although GerdW nailed the problem down, this should help explain what the error was and the reasoning behind GerdW's solution.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 15
(10,340 Views)

Thank you all, i manage to solve it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(10,323 Views)

Hello all ,
I am a student.
I have a problem with the communication between LABVIEW (version 2016)
and the spectrum analyzer DSA 875 using the USB connexion ,
After the installation of DSA 875 drivers on the software.
This error occurs at the sweep time configuration of analyser in labview,
and I receive a message that contains "INVALID FUNCTION"
On the analyzer screen. please help me thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(10,081 Views)

Hi dsa,

my answer given before is still valid: compare the commands you send to your device with the specs given in the user manual!

The device claims "wrong parameter" so you should debug (step by step execution!) to pinpoint the wrong command/parameter combination. Then adapt your VI to use the correct parameters!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(10,073 Views)

Hello,

I had the same problem with DM306 multimeter. The reason for obtaining the -113, "undefined header, read" error was a simple...my...mistake. The DM3068 supports RS232, USB, LAN and GPIB interfaces. In the USB mode you can select command type of: RIGOL DM3068, Agilent 34401A or Fluke 45. So when you obtain such an error, then please check the selected in DM 3068 command protocol.

In DM 3068 -> Utility -> Cmd to enter the interface, then select command set.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(9,230 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem before, and when I select DM3086 command in the setting of instrument, a new error occur in the program: 

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in RIGOL DM3058.lvlib:Read Single Point.vi->RIGOL DM3058 Read Single.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Can you help me to figure out this error? thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(9,044 Views)

sorry, here is the Error explanation

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(9,040 Views)

No.  We can't help because we don't know anything about your program.  You didn't attach a VI.  A timeout error is a very common problem and if you search the forums for the code you'll see it is often related to a few different user or program errors.

1.  Wrong cable.

2.  Wrong communication settings (baud rate, data bits, stop bits, parity)

3.  Wrong use of termination characters, typically failing to include them at the end of the commands you send.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(9,031 Views)