LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-113, "undefined header, read" error -1074000000

Sorry, my fault, I didn't mention, I use the certified driver Rigol DM 3000 series, and just use the read single example VI, when I use the Agilent SCPI by change the setting in the instrument utility I got the error "-113 Undefined header, keyword cannot be found." when I change to the DM3068 SCPI, I got the timeout error.

when I just try to copy some SCPI from the driver to build a simple demo, it works really well. I'm just confuse why this happen, I have use many functions in this instrument, It's really complicated from me to rewrite all the subVI for this instrument, are there somebody know what's wrong with this driver or any other settings with the instrument, plz let me know, Thank you guys so much!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(919 Views)

Hey,

Just so you're aware, this thread is a few years old now. If you could make a new thread, your post would most likely have more visibility and possibly reach an answer faster.

Also, do you get the same error when you use different functions in the driver?

Claire C.
AppSW Staff Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(904 Views)

Figure out what function is causing a timeout error and see if it works and if you used it in the simple manner.  Perhaps you can figure out why it does or doesn't work.   Then that can give you a clue as to whether it is a major error affecting a lot of their driver or perhaps just a few of the commands.

Honestly, I find it much easier to write my own driver.  Usually I'm not trying to use all the commands that are available.  Just a select few.  I trust the code I write.  I don't usually trust manufacturer's LabVIEW drivers.  They are often the result of a project thrown to a co-op student employee at the last minute right before they want to release the product to the market.  "Hey, LabVIEW is easy.  Any smart young kid should be able to figure it out in a few hours.  Let the intern do it before they go back to school for the semester."  Look at the quality of the coding style and that gives a good hint at the quality of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(895 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Figure out what function is causing a timeout error and see if it works and if you used it in the simple manner.  Perhaps you can figure out why it does or doesn't work.   Then that can give you a clue as to whether it is a major error affecting a lot of their driver or perhaps just a few of the commands.

Honestly, I find it much easier to write my own driver.  Usually I'm not trying to use all the commands that are available.  Just a select few.  I trust the code I write.  I don't usually trust manufacturer's LabVIEW drivers.  They are often the result of a project thrown to a co-op student employee at the last minute right before they want to release the product to the market.  "Hey, LabVIEW is easy.  Any smart young kid should be able to figure it out in a few hours.  Let the intern do it before they go back to school for the semester."  Look at the quality of the coding style and that gives a good hint at the quality of the code.

HP/Agilent/Keysight has some decent drivers, but I usually roll my own, like you, and for the same reasons.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(891 Views)

Okay, Thanks, I will try to write all by myself

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(879 Views)