From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-wire Labview drivers

Dear Mr. John

Thank you very much for your support.

Actually you have given VI for USB interface . I am using RS232 seriel interface. Could you please suggest me changes which i have to do?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 55
(3,391 Views)

The VIs are based on TMEX APIs = so the link below might help

ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/softdev/owdocs/Docs/TMEX/tmex8lrr.html

However I thought that the Call Library Function Node "Read Default Type port" should handle things automatically - if it detects a serial port then I think it will output the port type no as a 5 (serial) and not a 6 (USB).

But I am not sure as I have not used a Serial Interface.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 55
(3,385 Views)

@NeilJohn wrote:

However I thought that the Call Library Function Node "Read Default Type port" should handle things automatically - 

This is a true statement.  The default port is set during the setup procedure.  If during setup you specify to use the serial port, then Read Default Type Port should respond with the serial port.  No change of code is needed.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 55
(3,376 Views)

It can be use with the serial device DS2480 but I must change in windows registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Maxim Integrated Products\1-Wire Drivers]
"DebugLevel"="0"
"DebugFile"="c:\\\\onewirelog.txt"
"DefaultPortNum"="1"
"DefaultPortType"="5" <- I change it "6" to "5"
"TYPE6"="IBUSB32.dll"
"TYPE5"="IB97U32.dll"
"TYPE1"="IB97E32.dll"

It can work with DS18B20

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 55
(3,019 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to run the main vi from this post. But its giving me following error " SubVI 'TMEX Session Error Returns Codes less than 0.vi'  SubVI is not executable"

I have put all the subvi's in the same folder where main file is kept. Can you please help me why this error is coming.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 55
(2,375 Views)

Does any subvi or the main vi have a broken run arrow?  Is the one-wire driver installed correctly?

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 55
(2,352 Views)

Yes there were some VI's are missing...I have included that in the folder. Now it is working.

Thanks for help.

I have DS9490 adapter and two DS1923 Ibuttons. I am trying to design a application which can help to read temperature data and humidity data from two Ibuttons at a single time.

Do you have any reference programme for this?

I took reference from Reading several 1-wire probes via a serial or USB adapter.zip and example present in the current forum.But these programmes are able to read data only from one device at a time.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 55
(2,339 Views)

There is only one signal wire so you can only read one device at a time.  You will not be able to read both at the same time, the data on the one wire would clash.  You could read one then immediately after, read the other.  If you really need to read both at the same time, you would need two one-wire networks and you would have to poll them in a parallel process.

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 55
(2,332 Views)

Hello,

The code which I have developed is able to read ROM of both the devices. Herewith I have attached the code. Can you please tell me how can I proceed by using two 1-wire networks in this code?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 55
(2,322 Views)

The code you attached will find all devices on the 1-wire network.  It does not do anything else.  You need to write your own code to read the devices, using the device list output as the device identifiers.  When you read the ROM, it outputs a State Buffer.  This buffer is to be used as an input to many other functions, like Open File, Read File, etc.  The 1-wire manual explains exactly what to do.  I am not familiar with your devices so I can't tell you how to write your code.  But basically, you read the ROMs of all devices, pass the State Buffer of the device you are addressing into a read function, then you get the read results.  The State Buffer needs to be preserved, so always wire the State Buffer output to a terminal so that you can use the updated buffer in the next function.  Try writing your code and maybe I can help after I see what you have written.  The first thing to do is read the manual.  It should explain everything.  That is how I learned.

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 55
(2,310 Views)