From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEGO NXT autonommus robot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have LabView 2010 and the NXT module for labview 2010

I have  runnig a line follower robot whit a graphic interface (some XY graphic in the front pannel) programmed in Labview but when I unplug the USB cable my robot don´t work at all, so I guess the programm is being executed in the computer and just send some sort of commands to the robot, but I wanna make an autonomous robot, because you know, is a litle goofy going behind the robot whit my laptop, also I don´t have the Bluettooth dongle =(

Is there any way to :

1) Make your NXT code in Labview

2) Download the code to the NXT brick

3) Unplug the USB cable from the computer and from the NXT brick

4) Running the programm without a computer

I´m sure that it´s posibble and maybe this is a silly question but I can´t find the way to make it work by miself, Thanks for answer! =D

Best Regards

Diego

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,674 Views)
Solution
Accepted by HxcBarrigaHxc

Hi Diego,

You need to change the "Target" of your line follower program.

With your NXT brick plugged in, go to the File menu of your program and select "Target to NXT".

The bottom left corner of your window should turn orange to display the name of the NXT that you will target.

You can right click there to scan/switch nxts as well.

Once you target, you can use the run button to compile, download, and run your program.

-Ethan

Message 2 of 6
(9,665 Views)

Thanks buddy, it´s working fine now

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,651 Views)

This article is intended to control the direction and speed of a Lego NXT robot using the directional buttons on the computer keyboard, strategic control distance limited by the scope of the Bluetooth transmitter installed.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32462

6.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,824 Views)

Hey, I was trying to do the same Thing but i get some Errors, when I´am trying to deploy the program. Is there a solution for the Problem?

@ESearl wrote:

Hi Diego,

You need to change the "Target" of your line follower program.

With your NXT brick plugged in, go to the File menu of your program and select "Target to NXT".

The bottom left corner of your window should turn orange to display the name of the NXT that you will target.

You can right click there to scan/switch nxts as well.

Once you target, you can use the run button to compile, download, and run your program.

-Ethan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,130 Views)

BenGernemann, 

This thread had already had a solution selected and as a result has decreased visibility. I would recommend creating a new thread and posting your question there. You can link to this thread from the new thread to reference any pertinent information.

Also, I would recommend listing out the exact errors you are receiving on the new thread with a bit of context about when the errors occur to help those who look into your issue.

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,119 Views)