LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you bundle a cluster by name?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a cluster of 2 calculated values (x = r*cos(angle) and y = r*sin(angle) where r and angle are given by sensors (the angle is converted to radians).  The documentation says "Right click on the cluster and enter the names (presumably, x and y in my example."  I followed the instructions, but no window opened to allow me to supply the names.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,991 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpnoon

Hello jpnoon,

I am not familiar with the documentation you are referencing, but the following tutorial does a good job of outlining array and cluster basics.

Tutorial: Arrays and Clusters

Best regards,

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,987 Views)

Thanks  Matthew,

I have had LVEE for a couple of years and am now using it to develop a Mindstorms robot that is capable of mapping a room.  I have been using a book on LVEE programming (Michael Gasperi's "LabVIEW for Lego Mindstorms NXT"), but I am happy to have a source of tutorials from NI.  Is there a URL where I will find more tutorials like the one you recommended below?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,980 Views)

Hello Jim,

There is a tremendous amount of material available on National Instruments' website.

Specifically:
NI Developer Zone

Tutorials on Developer Zone

NI Community

The shipping examples that come with LabVIEW, as well as the community examples hosted on ni.com are often the first places I go to when I'm having difficulty getting something to work right.  There are many talented LabVIEW programmers who regularly contribute code and explanations to this online community.

Best regards.

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,972 Views)

Thanks, Matthew

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,966 Views)