LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice deployment failed

Solved!
Go to solution

That makes sense, however, the windows firewall is turned off.  And unless NI installed other firewall software, there should be no port or IP blocking what so ever.  I'm open to any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(3,996 Views)

NI is not blocking ports, but as soon as you try to connect from one machine to another then there are multiple points of failure: The server OS can be blocking ports, or the router may have its own firewall, or the router may not even be configured properly for you to talk to the other machine. In diagnosing this kind of issue I usually start from the server side and work my way out:

1. Verify that you can talk to the service from the same machine. You already did that, and this proves that the service itself is responding to network communication properly.
  2. Verify that you can reach that machine from another machine using an IP address. Ping works well for this. If this doesn't work then the problem is your network configuration. Either you have the wrong IP or your machines are just not on the same network at all.
  3. (Optional) If you want to use a hostname instead of an IP then try ping again with the hostname. Note that there are many more things that can go wrong with DNS involved, and I can't help you at all in configuring this properly if it doesn't work. The DNS settings may not even be within your control, in which case you should just use an IP instead.
  4. Try connecting to your service from another machine. If everything worked except this then the problem is a blocked port somewhere. Again, where that is will vary according to your network configuration. It could be your router or your server or in some cases even your client.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(3,993 Views)

On your points:

1) Verified.

2) Ping works between any two of the three NI 8135 controllers, yet only one has web services accessible.

3) Using IP's only.

4) Same application executing on three controllers with two different behaviors.  They can all talk to themselves (#1), but only one is accessible from the other two.

And most importantly, none provide web services accessible from the linux host, even though all of the systems are accessed via remote desktop from the linux host.

Also, all the systems are connected via a switch (no router).

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(3,991 Views)

This still sounds like some kind of Windows security setting that is blocking that incoming port. I don't know enough about Windows security settings except to say that I have run into similar issues before and struggled to get it to allow my programs to open ports before, even with the firewall "off". Maybe this will help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766312%28WS.10%29.aspx

I'm sorry I can't help much more, but this really does sound like an OS or network configuration issue to me, and I just don't know enough about your system to help you there.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(3,989 Views)