LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice deployment failed

Solved!
Go to solution

Recently I decided to make a webserver along my "currentdensity.vi" design to have access to the data through explorer. I read the instructions for configurations of webserver but I have still problem in correct implementation of it. I am afraid I have left some simple steps or hints to successfully accomplish it. (http://localhost:8080/webservice1)--->but no result displayed
Please give me your feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(11,958 Views)

More snapshots of the steps I proceeded.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(11,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ajaba

Hi,

May I know what version of LabVIEW are you using? Are you deploying the web service on a desktop or a laptop? If it is a laptop, can you disable the WiFi card and try to deploy again?

Regards,

Alan

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
Singapore (65) 6226 5886 | Malaysia (60) 3 7948 2000 | Thailand (66) 2 298 4800
Philippines (63) 2 659 1722 | Vietnam (84) 28 3911 3150 | Indonesia (62) 21 2783 2355
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(11,925 Views)

I am using Labview 2013 running under a labtop machine. I disabled wifi and it is still the same.

By the way, do you think i can make the same task/or objective by using "webpublishing" as it is easier to use in Labview?

Please give me some info about differences of web gui builder and webpublishing in labview? thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(11,907 Views)

Hello,

we have the same problem. The deployment process often stops shortly after starting it and the process bar does not move. Furthermore LabVIEW does not respond anymore. Sometimes a restart of the computer can solve the problem but now even restarting does not help.

We use LabVIEW 2011.

Is it a common problem that the deployment of the webservice is so unstable. Because our program once worked but suddenly stopped working without any change in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(11,437 Views)

Hey ajaba,

Are you still having trouble with your LabVIEW 2013 Web services?  If you are still having trouble with this, do you have the LabVIEW 2013 f1 patch installed?  This patch should resolve the WiFi issue with deploying Web services.  If this does not help with your issue, please let us know and we can help to troubleshoot this problem. 

The web publishing tool allows you to create a view of your VIs that will be embedded into a browser.  To run Remote Front Panels, you will need the LabVIEW Runtime engine to view the panels on the client computers.  NI Web UI Builder, allows you to create thin clients for remote viewing of your LabVIEW Web services.

Sorry for the delayed response!

KiraT 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(11,428 Views)

Hey Friedrich,

Do you see this problem with all Web Services that you try to deploy or just some of them.  Are you able to succesfully build the Web service and not deploy or are you not able to build or deploy?

What is the status of your NI Application Web Server?  To check this please go to Start»Control Panel»System and Security»Administrative Tools»Services.  There should be an entry for the Application Web Server?  Are you able to restart this service?  

These questions should get us moving in the right troubleshooting direction. 

KiraT

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(11,424 Views)

Hey Kira,

we just have one Web Service in place.

So only this one causes us problems.

We never have any trouble with the build process. The problems starts when trying to deploy.

Actually, I mentioned earlier that sometimes a restart of the computer solves the problem but not always.

Just now it is one of the rare moments that the webservice could be deployed.

However I think that this does not mean that from now on it will work stably. So right now trouble shooting is compromised as the problem has not occured.

But what should I do when it will happen next time? Plenty of computer restarts cannot be the solution.

I followed your advice and took a look under Start»Control Panel»System and Security»Administrative Tools»Services.

I did not find any service named NI Application Web Server there. In the task manager the is the process "ApplicationWebServer.exe" (while the web service is currently running).

When the deployment fails the progress bar does not go further than two bars. When to my surprise the deployment just worked I could capture a screen shot from the deployment progress window. I attach it to the post. Maybe this helps to find out why the deployment so often does not work.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(11,418 Views)

Hey Friedrich,

Glad to hear that you were able to get your Web service deployed.  

If this does happen again in the furture, the first place that I look is in services.msc.  When the Application Web Server is not started properly or in a bad state, it causes the same error that you were seeing previously.  Are you able to see the NI Application Web Server or the NI System Web server if you scroll down?  It should be listed as "NI" not "National Instruments".  For example, here is my list of services when I have LabVIEW 2011 and LabVIEW 2012 installed:

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 10.47.03 AM.png

You can often avoid a complete reboot of your system by right clicking on the Application Web Server and selecting restart.  Please note that you do have to be an administartor on your computer to restart the service. 

KiraT

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(11,407 Views)

Hey Kira,

that seems to be a good solution, at least a much quicker one.

Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 24
(11,404 Views)