LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice - Web UIBuilder

I have a web service project, done in labview 2010 sp1, which displays the following error when I call the webservice by labview web UiBuilder: testWebService.vix:ToMoreSpecificClass in testWebService: Bad type cast. The run-time value of thisclass can not be treated to an instance of the class Given. The problem only occurs in webservice project. Creating an application (. exe) I do not have any error. In this project I try to just read information from a database using some classes. I would appreciate anyhelp.

Regards,

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,623 Views)

Hi,

When you say that you get that error in Web UI Builder, where do you see it?

If it's in the Output window, also examine the "error out" terminal from the web service VI (in Web UI Builder). To do this, use the Unbundle Error node from the palette, and look at the status & source outputs of the error.

Currently, in the web VIs we script in Web UI Builder, logic with the ToMoreSpecific nodes is executed even if there was an error. So you'll see the error you pasted in the Output window, but the true error is available through the 'error out' terminal.

(What's probably happening is there's an error contacting your web server, missing policy file, or a similar issue. The 'source' output from Unbundle Error should have the exact issue.)

Let me know if this doesn't help (or if you get the true error description but don't know how to address it).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,620 Views)

Thanks!!

The error that appears when I use The Unbundle Error node is "HTTP Request Timed Out". I still do not know why this problem occurs!!

Can you help me?

You said that this probably happening if there is an error contacting in my web server, missing policy file or a similar issue. How can I check these problema? I do not have a policy file!! Is it really necessary?

Regards,

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,606 Views)

Explicitly putting a policy file on your web server should only be necessary in LV2009. In LV2010 this file is already in place.

"HTTP Request Timed Out" indicates that it took longer than 30 seconds to get a response from the server. Currently we don't let users customize this timeout interval.

If you access your web service via other means (hitting the URL in a web browser), does it take a very long time to respond?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,604 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I have to wait a very long time to browser response, in this case.

Now I am think if is possible to call the webservice by labview2010 using same webservice vi. Maybe I can debug this problem inside labview. 

What you think? Is it possible?

Thanks

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,586 Views)