LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string format question

The help for Format Specifier Syntax doesn't say anything about special characters (tab, eol, etc)

Since the usual LV "codes display" mode does not seem to exist in LVWUIB, it's a game of trial and error to obtain the proper string.

Luckily you can create a string with a CR by simply pressing "Enter" while typing in a string constant. This does not work with TAB though...

Luckily too, it appears that  when scanning a string for numbers, spaces, tabs etc are simply ignored.

However, I want to generate a TAB formatted string so that I can copy and paste it into another program and process it from there.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

X.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,206 Views)

Hi X-),

I tried to use a "\t" but it never worked.  I'll have to play with the string formatting to see if this is possible.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,184 Views)

If I may suggest an improvement for the help (pretty concise at time: "check the Silverlight manual" or something of that kind): provide the same list of examples as provided for string syntax in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,177 Views)

Hi X-),

I've also double-checked the MSDN documents to make sure I've tried everything and am unable to get it to work.  It's almost like the \ code doesn't work.  I'll double-check the correct use of the custom format code.

You can always provide feedback directly to R&D by clicking the Send Feedback button in the upper-right corner of the Web UI Builder editor.

Message 4 of 4
(6,165 Views)