LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote panel in web ui builder

hi, i'm trying to implement a program in web ui builder that would do pretty much what the remote panel does in labview. that means that it would allow users to connect to a vi also implemented in ui builder, it would allow only one user at a time to have acces at this program and control it, and it would disconnect a user from controlling the program after a specific amount of time to let other users have acces. is it possible to do that  with web ui builder? and if so, does anybody have any idea regarding this approach?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,810 Views)

@tic19 wrote:

hi, i'm trying to implement a program in web ui builder that would do pretty much what the remote panel does in labview. that means that it would allow users to connect to a vi also implemented in ui builder, it would allow only one user at a time to have acces at this program and control it, and it would disconnect a user from controlling the program after a specific amount of time to let other users have acces. is it possible to do that  with web ui builder? and if so, does anybody have any idea regarding this approach?

thanks!

This is not possible with Web UI Builder.  If you build an application and deploy it as a XAP (.xap file), you can have an application that many people can access at once, but it wouldn't have any of the sharing features you're looking for.

-- Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,794 Views)

Hey Tic,

As mike said, there is nothing readily in place to do this. However, for a similar effect, I would recommend something along the following lines:

wuib.png

You could simply have  shared variable on the host which prevents more than one person from logging in, etc. The WUIB client would be as simple as possible, like the above.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,789 Views)