LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor and control

Hello,

I would just like to ask if monitor and control option in possible in Evaluation mode becuse I can not achieve it.

If it is possible, is there any special way, loop or structure ?

How is it with connecting Web Builder and other computers that aren't in the company internet network ?

So far for now...

Regards,

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,060 Views)

Hi Marko,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am not really understand your question ("monitor and control option"). If you mean Build and Deploy you should read this: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/12713

How would you like to Web UI Builder? Do you want to reach the developement enviroment from a remote computer? Do you want to reach the built and deployed application from a remote computer?

Regards,

Peter

Peter Vago
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,052 Views)

OK let me be more clear.

I am expecting that I can use Web UI Builder for changing settings of LabVIEW applications in other city's or countries.

I mean if I make a LabVIEW application in Slovenia for a customer from Slovakia, can I connect from our company to the LabVIEW application that our customer has on his computer and it is located in Slovakia?

By monitor and control I mean:

I started using Web UI Builder a good week ago. So far I have connected two computers in our company running a simple .vi that is making SUM operation. If I am changing values of both input factors in SUM function in the Web UI Builder editor nothing happens or changes in the .vi that I am connected to.

I have an idea about Web UI Builder that it is meant to be used for changing (control) input factors and monitoring output indicators. 

What is LabVIEW Web UI Builder?

LabVIEW Web UI Builder is a new National Instruments software product designed to enable engineers and scientists to develop lightweight, web-based applications through graphical programming. These applications provide end users with the ability to remotely monitor and control measurement and automation systems through the browser.

So can the system be monitored and controlled in evaluation mode ?

Home you understand me... 

Regards,

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,048 Views)

Hi Marko,

The only restriction on the free version of Web UI Builder is that the Build & Deploy feature is unavailable. So you should be create VIs in the UI Builder editor that perform whatever monitoring / control that you're trying to do, you just can't built a standalone application from those VIs.

Monitoring / control in Web UI Builder is just currently just done through communication with LabVIEW web services (the Import Web Service feature in the editor). In general, you should be able to use LabVIEW web services on your own machine, or another machine / another network.

It sounds like you may already be trying to use web services in Web UI Builder, but that they aren't working correctly. If this is the case, use the 'Unbundle Error' node with the error out terminals from the web service VIs, and look at the 'status' field of the error for more information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,042 Views)

OK I will do that,

thank you for the replay. If I will have any more problems I will continue this topic.

Regards,

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,033 Views)