cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Can we have clusters in UI Builder similar to regular LabVIEW?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,570 Views)

Hi Jaggs,

Currently, clusters aren't supported in Web UI Builder. However, they're definitely on the roadmap (although I can't provide an exact date when you'll see them).

When are you finding yourself missing them the most (i.e. what are you doing on the diagram)? Any info you can share about your application would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,569 Views)

Hello Mike,

In regular LabVIEW I am using clusters to organize data and and group the data.  They are very important in developing large applications.  So it would be helpful to have similar feature in UI builder to port LaBVIEW application to Ui builder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,566 Views)

Hi Jaggs,

Do you see yourself creating large applications in Web UI Builder? What types of applications are you anticipating creating (i.e. what is the application doing??

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,564 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaggs

Jaggs,

As a workaround, you can use the Flatten to XML String primitive in your web service, and then use the XML Parsing VIs in Web UI Builder to get your cluster data:

clusters_wuib.png

For an example on using the XML Parsing VIs in Web UI Builder, check this example:  Calling Arbitrary Web Services in LabVIEW Web UI Builder

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,554 Views)

I made an "Unbundle By Name" function that you can use in LabVIEW Web UI Builder.  Take at look at NI Developer Zone Community:  Unbundle By Name in LabVIEW Web UI Builder

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,524 Views)

Hello Kyle,

Just wondering - do you have anyting for bundle by Name??  Do you have any way to create a cluster??

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,509 Views)

Hi Jaggs,

It would be a bit more work, but seeing as how we don't have and XML creation palette, it would be done by strings.

Let me take a closer look and see what I can do.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,506 Views)