From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabetize Event Structure.llb (sort event structure frames alphabetically)

Overview

Takes an event structure and rearrange the frames so that they appear in alphabetic order

Description

After discovering that the existing sort function doesn't work, I made a shortcut menu plug-in to rearrange the frames on an event structure so the appear in alphabetic order

Hardware and Software Requirements

LabVIEW 2015

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1.Copy the llb to one of the seach paths described in the shortcut plug-in documentation

Additional Information or References

Comments
Chris_Cox
on

using LV2016,  I see the option in the short cut menu, but can't seem to get it to apply to any event structures. 

anyone have success with this?

image.png

nanocyte
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

I was seeing similar issues. I have the "separate compiled code" flag checked in that VI. I'm wondering if there's a LabVIEW bug where it doesn't realize it needs to recompile for the newer version.

Some things that might help:

• Uncheck the separate flag on the VIs and controls in the llb 
  • Try a mass recompile on the llb folder
  • Clear object cache

I think the plugins are loaded when you launch the development environment so you'll have to close out and reopen LabVIEW

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
on

> I think the plugins are loaded when you launch the development environment so you'll have to close out and reopen LabVIEW

There's a helper VI to avoid having to quit and restart. After you make an edit, open and run

resource\plugins\PopupMenus\support\Refresh Menus.vi

Chris_Cox
on

There's a helper VI to avoid having to quit and restart. After you make an edit, open and run

resource\plugins\PopupMenus\support\Refresh Menus.vi

Thanks, AristosQueue! This totally worked.  

Thanks so much nanocyte.