LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Providers, VIPM and LabVIEW 2012 Beta

To all you Project Provider Pioneers, I write today to tell you about something very exciting for Project Providers in LabVIEW.  There have been changes in LabVIEW 2012 which allow developers to distribute a project provider using VI Package Manager.  Since both JKI and the LabVIEW Partner Program team want as much testing done on this new feature, we are reaching out to you guys to help us out.  If you are interested in trying this new feature, more details are available on the LabVIEW Beta Forum.  To access this forum and the LabVIEW 2012 Beta, please register at www.ni.com/beta.  Feel free to put my email address (david.ladolcetta@ni.com) down as the referral when you sign up. 

Finally, since beta-features are considered private in nature, please use the beta forum post linked above to discuss this feature in more detail.

Thanks, and happy testing!

David

Message 1 of 10
(3,842 Views)

Awesome! VIPM is the perfect platform for distribution things like this.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,788 Views)

This is great news - this fixes a current gap in LabVIEW tool development.

Thanks to all involved!

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Has anyone had a chance to try building a provider with VIPM?  Were there any difficulties or problems you encountered?  Any suggestions on how to improve the workflow?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Hi David,

I'm still waiting for the next LabVIEW 2012 beta release. Since there is this annoying bug with traversing VI refs in combination with project providers causing LabVIEW to hang, I'm awaiting the next beta where this should be fixed before trying VIPM with project provider.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,788 Views)

That's understandable.  I look forward to your feedback once Beta 2 comes out!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Mattias, any update on this? Beta 2 is out. I want to make sure we are doing everything we can in VIPM to help build project providers with VIPM. You can contact me offline as well.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Hi,

No, not yet, I will try as soon as possible. However, it seems like the project provider works now in the latest beta at least, G# IDE works good and we should be able to test the VIPM. I've seen some memory leak problems in LV2012 when testing my long running tests, that I haven't seen in LV2010 or LV2011. I'm also trying to isolate these things as well.

Thanks for asking,

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Hi Michael,

We are just about to start testing VIPM with G#, is there anything special we need to think about regarding VIPM? (any new VIPM 2012 beta we need to use?). Must admit I haven't tested yet or done anything deeper reseach regarding this . It's my coworker, Patrik Carlos that will do the testing and he might be contacting you regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Please contact me offline to discuss.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,788 Views)