From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItemID from ProjectItem Ref?

Ah I see your use-case. I doubt this can be easily fixed by a new API VI though:\, but will probably need changes to the source code behind the provider framework. I will add this to the list of things we investigate for 2014.

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
Message 11 of 14
(907 Views)

Sumedha wrote:

Ah I see your use-case. I doubt this can be easily fixed by a new API VI though:\, but will probably need changes to the source code behind the provider framework. I will add this to the list of things we investigate for 2014.

Thank you!

I'm currently refactoring to push more functionality into the VI Server domain, and can report back on how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(907 Views)

Another side comment about using VI server in the project provider.  You may already know this, but any time you see problems with calling VI Server properties or methods in the provider context, you might have success by opening the reference in the Main Application Instance.  This may not work for every property/method if they need to be in the certain context, but it might help and definitely worth looking into as a workaround.

And of course, even if the workaround does work, you should still report the bad properties/methods to us so we can fix them in the provider context.

Message 13 of 14
(907 Views)

David_L wrote:

Another side comment about using VI server in the project provider.  You may already know this, but any time you see problems with calling VI Server properties or methods in the provider context, you might have success by opening the reference in the Main Application Instance.

Great tip -- "liked".

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(907 Views)