Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab Scrip Node error: 1046

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone

I am now using Labview to to data acquisition and would like to use the MATLAB
script node function to do the image processing work.

I have some problems getting MATLAB script to function properly. The problem is:

Whenever I tried to execute the program, Labview gave me the following error:

"Error 1046: Labview can not initialise the script server, Ensure server software is installed."

However, the MATLAB is installed in the PC. I think the reason of
this error is that I am using an university campus based PC. The MATLAB I have got in this PC is a network versioned. (i.e. it is
installed on the network server, but not in the local harddrive.)

Is there anything I can do to get around with this error?

Regards,
Kent 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(22,672 Views)

Hi Kent,

Could I ask what version of LabVIEW you are using?

Are any MATLAB files stored on the local hard drive or are they all on the server?

Kind Regards,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(22,658 Views)

Hi Owen

I am using  LabView 2009.

I think all the files are on the server, as I go to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b folder, there is only a 'MATLAB R2009b.link.o' file available.

Regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(22,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hykwei

Hi hykwei,

Unfortunately, there is not any way to get MATLAB Script Nodes to work in LabVIEW under your current network configuration. In order for the MATLAB Script Node to work properly, it requires that MATLAB is installed on the same machine as LabVIEW. This means that you will need to either install MATLAB on the local machine on which you are using LabVIEW or that you will need to install and run LabVIEW from the same server machine on which MATLAB is installed. Depending on MATLAB's functionality, you may be able to do some kind of minimal install on the local machine that adds MATLAB to your registry and program file list, but that just forwards you to the copy of MATLAB on the network. However, I am not aware if this is even an option or how you might go about implementing this scheme, so if you're interested, I would contact MATLAB to find out more about that.

Kind Regards,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 12
(22,643 Views)

Greetings:

I wanted to use Matlab script node to do image processing my self. Here is the detailed description of my problem:

Labview takes a video and creates a .avi file. Then I use Matlab program to convert this .avi file to .bmp image files (each frame corresponds to and image file). What I would like to do is, have a Matlab script node in Labview vi such that as soon as the video is taken, it is broken into image files using the Matlab code. I think this should be easy but I do not know how to work it. Please help!  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(22,432 Views)

Hi fchandur,

Could you clarify your question some more?

It sounds like you have something that currently works but you wish to condense it to run in one VI instead of running LabVIEW and then The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® software. If that is indeed the case then based on your picture it looks like you simply need to connect an error wire from the end of your code after the while loop to the error in terminal on your MATLAB script node. This would effectively serialize your script to run after you finished creating the .avi file. 

Or do you perhaps mean that as each frame is captured you wish to convert to .bmp image files instead of waiting until the entire video is converted to an .avi?

For future reference you may wish to create a new thread since your issue isn't really related to the topic of this thread. Additionally, this is the MathScript forum so your question may be better suited for the main LabVIEW forum.

Regards,

K Scott

MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(22,409 Views)

Can any body help me how to rectify following error. I am using LabVIEW 8.2 and Matlab 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(20,352 Views)

You have error 1050, while this thread is about error 1046. This thread is also already marked as solved. Next time please start a new thread!

Shouldn't "I" be a 2D array of the same size as a and b?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(20,345 Views)

Thank for post!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(19,486 Views)

Puedes ayudarme por favor, tengo labview instalado en el disco C y mathlab en el G  y tengo problemas para trabajar con el mathscript  hay alguna solucion por favor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(9,133 Views)