LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i do i activate the Mathscript RT module in LabVIEW 2010 student ed for OS X?

Hi ScottH,

We are still working on debugging this issue. Thus far we have been unable to reproduce any results which makes debugging very difficult. Would you be willing to post a screenshot of your About LabVIEW page?

Thanks,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(3,983 Views)

All,

After further investigation we have come to the following determination: For one reason or another your LabVIEW may not have installed the license file correctly. This is not an issue with MathScript as MathScript is expected not to work with a base edition of LabVIEW. I would recommend that you reinstall your LabVIEW installation and make sure to specifically select the license to be installed. You can do this by running the installer and pressing the "Customize" button. You would then select only the license file to be installed. If you have further questions regarding that please ask and I will do my best to help.

Thanks,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(3,963 Views)

There is no clear option to just install just the license file.

Doing a everything-checked customize install on top of my current install seems to make mathscript work, but FFT is not supported. The signal processing menu is also empty. I just want to do a FFT of a signal with or without mathscript. 

I'm including screenshots of the installer customize options (which one is license file?) and the splash screen.

Thanks,

-Scott

@K Scott wrote:

All,

After further investigation we have come to the following determination: For one reason or another your LabVIEW may not have installed the license file correctly. This is not an issue with MathScript as MathScript is expected not to work with a base edition of LabVIEW. I would recommend that you reinstall your LabVIEW installation and make sure to specifically select the license to be installed. You can do this by running the installer and pressing the "Customize" button. You would then select only the license file to be installed. If you have further questions regarding that please ask and I will do my best to help.

Thanks,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(3,954 Views)

Also, is it normal for LabVIEW on the Mac to ask you to enter your root password all the time so it can "make changes?"

Is there a permissions problem?

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(3,953 Views)
I posted the splash screen which is the same as the about screen (I think).

@K Scott wrote:

Hi ScottH,

We are still working on debugging this issue. Thus far we have been unable to reproduce any results which makes debugging very difficult. Would you be willing to post a screenshot of your About LabVIEW page?

Thanks,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(3,952 Views)

Nope, I was wrong. Mathscript is still busted. I dropped a formula node in by mistake (tired) when I was testing to see if things were fixed.

I'm including a screenshot of the error I get.

Thanks,

-Scott

@ScottH wrote:

There is no clear option to just install just the license file.

Doing a everything-checked customize install on top of my current install seems to make mathscript work, but FFT is not supported. The signal processing menu is also empty. I just want to do a FFT of a signal with or without mathscript. 

I'm including screenshots of the installer customize options (which one is license file?) and the splash screen.

Thanks,

-Scott

@K Scott wrote:

All,

Thanks,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(3,949 Views)

It would seem your installer is definitely corrupted and/or missing components. The custom install dialog should look similar to my attachment. Give me a little time and I will send a pm to discuss further options.

Cheers!

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(3,919 Views)

A-OK. Your installer looks much happier than mine. Perhaps this is an issue with the Sparkfun+Arduino bundle? Or was that intended to be a full student version?

Thanks,

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(3,908 Views)

@ScottH wrote:

A-OK. Your installer looks much happier than mine. Perhaps this is an issue with the Sparkfun+Arduino bundle? Or was that intended to be a full student version?

Thanks,

-Scott

From what I understand it should be a full student version. I have sent you a pm with further instructions. Please review them when you get a chance.
Thanks,
K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(3,898 Views)

This is really upsetting!  I bought the $70 version of the student edition for mac so I could work on school assignments and Mathcript isn't even supported?
Guess I'll be spending my time in school labs.  Any chance of a refund?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(3,712 Views)