LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water sensor and labview

Hello.. I need some help from you guys.. I am using arduino UNO that connected to water sensor and relay to actuate solenid valve.. water sensor will placed in high level on water tank.. my system is when the sensor detect the water, then solenoid valve will close the pipeline to block water flow and vice versa.. it is to make sure the water tank is always filled up with water..so, right now, I want to view the condition of water sensor through labview.. as example like if sensor detect the water then LED boolean in Labview will turn on..when the water undetected by sensor, LED boolean is turn off..i've tried to search some tutorial and example and seem it is possible to make by use VISA serial.. but I am very new to labview and need some guidance.. is there someone know how to make it..please help me .. here I attch my Arduino code.. thank you

*Very sorry for my bad english.. I'm from Malaysia

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,498 Views)

It would be really easy to do this task with LINX.  Simply install the provided firmware via the Firmware Wizard and then use the basic functions in the LINX toolkit.

See http://www.labviewhacker.com/linx.  The firmware wizard will offer you to see an example which is a good place for you to get started (it allows you to turn on and off the state of the digital pin that is connected to the LED on the board.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,333 Views)

Ooh..really? but it also possible if I use VISA right? because I have found one example that quite similar with my project.. but it use analog gas sensor and I've tried to modify it since my sensor stated in Arduino as digital input and its not working well.... can you show me how to read digital data from arduino through VISA.. here I attach the example that I found..

btw thank you in advance sir for your respond

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,333 Views)

Both LIFA (here but unsupported) and LINX (at LabVIEWHacker.com) use VISA to communicate with the Arduino.  You can look at either one to see how they do it.

Is there a reason you don't want to use LINX?  It would make it extremely simple LabVIEW code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,333 Views)

thank you for your suggestion...but I think it is more difficult for me to make a program through LINX or LIFA since I am very new and got no experience with it.. need a time to learn and explore it well.. It is more easy right if I create a  simple program in arduino and let it read by serial VISA ? actually I need to complete my project in a short time, I have done with the circuit and everything, now just want to make a simple GUI with LED to display the condition of sensor and water tank.. 

btw thanks Nathan ..I will try to take a look and explore LINX as well

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,333 Views)

I would consider myself considerably knowledgable regarding LabVIEW and I wouldn't even attempt writing code with the basic VISA functions for this application.  It will be much easier to use LINX.  If you look at the example program offered to you when you upload the firmware via the Firmware Wizard, it is half of what you need.  The only other thing you need is to read a digital pin.

I modified the example from LINX to do what your code does.  See attached.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,333 Views)

Nathan_B. escribió:

I would consider myself considerably knowledgable regarding LabVIEW and I wouldn't even attempt writing code with the basic VISA functions for this application.  It will be much easier to use LINX.  If you look at the example program offered to you when you upload the firmware via the Firmware Wizard, it is half of what you need.  The only other thing you need is to read a digital pin.

I modified the example from LINX to do what your code does.  See attached.

Greetings, I have very little experience using LabView, I am trying to develop the filling and emptying of a tank. A mini pump will fill a tank to a certain level and an electrovalve will empty it if it exceeds the level, I just do not know how to add these components. If someone can help me, I'm grateful

this is my basic .VIBFC.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,536 Views)

Hello, and have a nice day ahead! I am creating a system using Flow sensor, ultrasonic sensor and Arduino. Hence, I would like to create a program that can show the waveform of flow rate and the tank level at the same time. Attached below is the file that have been done. The problem is when I try running the system, its display both sensors' output back and forth not simultaneously for example, 1st it will display 50cm(water level in tank) then display 15L/min (flow rate) then back to water level then flow rate. This pattern repeated again and again. I did not know how the system read form the analog pin of Arduino since I'm new to Labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,897 Views)