LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading dht with labview

Hello all,

For my project at school i need to read an dht11 sensor with arduino and labview.

all the tutorials i watched are outdated and do now work for me.

could someoneplease tell me if LVFA is still working  correctly with today's software or is it better to use linx software if so could somebody show me how?.

kind regards,

Pat0500

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(12,853 Views)

Hi pat,

I suggest you to download LINX using VIPM. Once done, you can go to Help>Find Example>Search "DHT11". I didn't try the example yet, but I hope it works 

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(12,831 Views)

Hello tr_dane,

EDIT: FIXED BY REINSTALLING VIPM AND NI VISA

i tried downloading LINX but in the tutorial it says i need to load firmware into the arduino but getting an error, ill post the error log here.

avrdude_ard.exe: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Mar 30 2015 at 14:56:06
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "avrdude_ard.conf"

Using Port : COM8
Using Programmer : wiring
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude_ard.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM8": Access is denied.

avrdude_ard.exe: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

thanks for you effort but im new with this program (:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(12,808 Views)

Hi pat,

Did you try to load firmware to arduino by following method mentioned in https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:getting_started ?

Load Firmware

1. Launch LabVIEW. 

2. Click Tools»MakerHub»LINX»Firmware Wizard… 

3. Select your Device Family and Device Type and click Next. 

4. Select the COM Port associated with your device and click Next. 

5. Select the Firmware Version (it's easiest to start with the Serial/USB firmware) and click Next.
    • The TX and RX LEDs on your device should appear to be solid on for a few seconds while the firmware is deployed. If you don't see this the firmware was likely not deployed. 
  6. Click Launch Example and follow the instructions on the front panel.

Ive manage to upload LINX firmware to my arduino uno and run the vi. but I don't have any DHT11 laying around to try it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,795 Views)

Hello,

thank you verry much for the help.

i got everything working and can run the blink example but the dht example is not working im getting error 5001 and i have looked up the error but it says that the digital input pin being read from does not exist on the specified board type but i tried using other pins and looked for an option to select the type of board?

im using the arduno mega

kind regards,

Patrick Postma

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(12,780 Views)

Hi Patrick,

I didn't have any DHT11, so I've tested the vi and got the Error 5001. Maybe you can check wiring and test the sensor using arduino program to check it's functionality and try again with LINX.

Im sorry, I can't help you more

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(12,773 Views)

thank you for the help i fixed by adding custom command to arduino 

here is an link from the video that helped me fixing it if somebody is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTbRQR-x_4

it is in some kind of stange language but you can just follow the video or read his tutorial in description.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(12,747 Views)