cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognizing the Arduino Uno with LVIfA 2.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I uploaded the latest LVIfA2.o and also did the latest firmware update to the Arduino and starting to play around with the Stepper Motor example.

When I run the example it reports back it can not find the Arduino??

I checked  to make sure that the default baud rate is 115200 on the arduino and it is set to the default baud rate. What else  am I missing??

I am using a MacBook Air and have the right USB  port  as I can load to the arduino ok.

I checked the Init LVIfA vi and it is set for USB/Serial  and the packet size is correct  it just reports the 5005 error.

Many Thanks in advance.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,836 Views)

I was having the same problem, and I fixed it by making sure that the "VISA Resource" on the Init Sub-VI was set to the correct value ("COM3" for me)

Hope that helps.

--David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mines_Physics

Hey Steve,

Give it a shot with the COM port specified manually as seen below:

comport.png

Are you able to see the Arduino in Measurement and Automation Explorer listed as a COM port?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,967 Views)

Thanks for the input I did set it up like David suggested and got it working.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,967 Views)

All,

This has been brought up before.  If you do not wire a visa resource into the Init VI it will attempt to Automatically discover which COM port the Arduino shows up as by scanning all of the attached devices names and looking for the keyword 'arduino'.  On Mac and Linux the device names do not show up with the work arduino in them.  Instead you will get something like dev/ttyusb0.  This is why the auto connecto does not work.

It's best practice to specify the com port explicitly rather than allow the auto detect to determine which com port / arduino to use.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,967 Views)