LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when using Arduino + Xbee + Labview

Well, with the transceivers I have now, I have to write a code in each Arduino to send and receive the data through the transcievers. Do you have to do that with an Xbee?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,352 Views)

I don't have to do so. In fact, if I use Labview to program my Arduino I only need to use one Arduino, and two Xbee modules (one connected to the computer and one connected to the Arduino). The program which is downloaded to the Arduino is the LVIFA base which we have already mentioned. After downloading the LVIFA base, and configuring carefully the communication between both Xbee modules, you only have to implement the Labview VI according to your requirements.

That's all in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,352 Views)

Hi Marianojt,

I'm having a similar situation (like your first problem with the delayed responses). What parameters did you modify on the XBees? My connection Arduino-XBee-LabVIEW works fine just for a while, then error 5003 appears and the connection goes down.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,352 Views)

Hi H13,

All the problems I found were caused by two reasons:

- Configuring Xbees

- LVIFA_Base and LABVIEWInterface files

Actually I don't remember which parameter corrected that problem (I tried changing several of them...). What I can say is one of them is configured as "ZNET 2.5 Coordinator AT" (the one connected to my computer) and the other is configured as "ZNET 2.5 ROUTER / END DEVICE AT" but this configuration depends on the XBee you are using.

Moreover, I remember I had some problems with the adressing method (I think I solved my problem changing this). I'm not an expert on this topic, so I prefer to attach this links that may help:

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2187

http://www.cooking-hacks.com/index.php/documentation/tutorials/arduino-xbee-shield

I know I chose 64 Bit adressing and it worked, but I'm afraid I can't give more information about that.

One the other hand, LABVIEWInterface was obsolete respect to the version of the Arduino software I downloaded. The other problem I found was related with this.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,352 Views)

Hi Marianojt,
i'm working on something similar and i wonder what is the code did you use to send package to xbee and display the information on LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,046 Views)

I am trying to send sensor values to LabVIEW using Xbee via Arduino. I am facing a issue with that. I am posting a screenshot from that you can get the idea. 

You can see in the picture I am getting the response. The data on the serial monitor of Arduino is being displayed on the LabVIEW using other Xbee connected to the Computer. But all other options are Zero need to fix that. If anybody can help. Your help will be appreciated.

I am attaching my LabVIEW program and Arduino code. with this post.

Please respond as soon as possible

Thanks

Regards,

Vivek Rathi

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,005 Views)

HI,
did you configure the same COM and serial port to both XBEE and LabView program ?!
did you configure the both adressses on the xbee ? one as a rooter and the other as coordinator ?
what type of xbee did you use? are they same type ?? 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(996 Views)