LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need simple code to send values to MCP4725 DAC

Solved!
Go to solution

I can contol MCP4725 DAC with Arduino Uno/Arduino IDE code but no luck using LabView.  Can someone please give me simple LabView code using I2C low-level vi's to make the DAC output a DC voltage, say 1V, or even a sinewave.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,327 Views)

You can generally port Arduino I2C code to LIFA or LINX fairly easily.  Take a look at some of the libraries that I've created for other I2C devices to see how it can be done.  Then, see if you can figure out what you need to do to get each small function in Arduino code into LIFA or LINX code.

If you are unable to get anywhere with, you should post a link to the exact code that you are using on the Arduino (so that we know that it works).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,399 Views)

The Arduino IDE code example from Sparkfun works fine, I can run it to set MCP4725 DAC output and verify with DMM, so that code works.  What I have trouble with is implementing same in LV via I2C.  A simple example would help.  When I run your examples I get missing vi's errors in Agilent 34401 instrument driver library.   Please point me to another example.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,399 Views)

None of my Arduino/LIFA based code is related to the Agilent 34401.  What one of "[my] examples" did you try to open?

Most of the things that I have posted in the Documents section use I2C.  Check some of those out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,399 Views)

I just downloaded LIFA ADXL345.zip and opened Read Axis Data.vi.  Can't find many files. 

The files aren't on my hard drive.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,399 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ironbutterfly

You have to unzip the zip file first.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,399 Views)

Hi. Did you do any software to use the DAC with LabView?.

I need to generate a analog Wave with LabView therefore I need to use the MCP4725 DAC

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,481 Views)

Hi!!!

Could you implement a code in LabView?

I have to make an analog signal due to i have to use the DAC with LabView!!!

HELP

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,462 Views)

Hi,

I have also trouble connecting my MCP 4725 DAC   with LINX.

I dont know which register i should choose and how to adjust output volt with a slider.

Can anyone help with a small example code?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,158 Views)

Could you solve the problem wiht MCP4725????!!

I really need help.

Please

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,138 Views)