LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Setup Procedure

I am trying to interface arduino with evaluation version of labview but without any error arduino is not interfacing. I did all necessary steps mentioned but nothing happened yet.

Using arduino uno Picture is attached.

Comments
LaythZ
on

Capture.PNGhow this problem could be solved ?

johss
on

hi, how to install manualmente el toolkit for arduino

rajesh111
on

Hello.. I recently purchased Arduino UNO Board.. I complied and uploaded few examples successfully.. Later on I went for its LabVIEW interface which I downloaded from VI Package Manager.. Then I flashed the board with LIFA_base firmware and wrote one simple program on LabVIEW and simulated it correctly.. Then I again tried to compile and run a few examples through Arduino IDE.. But today when I again tried the Arduino with LabVIEW, it is unable to upload the program to the board.. It is showing the error "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM6": The system cannot find the file specified.".. I am new to all these stuff.. so can u plz help me out

sumbul
on

at point 2, it's giving me error that this app cant run on this pc. i have windows 8.. how to fix it?

jennifer.rizkal
on

hello plz i need help in step 6 i faced an error can anyone help me to solve it?error.PNG

Kristoff2
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hey,

LIFA has been replaced with LINX.  With LINX you no longer need to build the firmware from source.  Instead you run a wizard that deploys the firmware for you.  Check out the getting started info on LINX and let us know if you have any questions in the MakerHub forums.

Thanks!

-Sam K

Garug
on

How can it be this complicated. I simply want to read serial data that I receive via USB serial port using OSX and LabView. (Arduino terminal receives it ok) What am is missing here, how can it be this complicated, it is core functionality of Labview to communicate with the instruments???

To me it seems LabView simply does not support serial communication vie USB on OSX. I can not install modules from unindentified developers.

Alassaf
on

Hi Guys,

Actually, i'm using IMUrduino which is Arduino Leonardo based and it has ATmega32U4 microprocessor. Everything worked fine except im getting this erroe when i running the LIFE_base code, I get this error, "This chip is not supported!" ????

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

AFMotor.cpp:97: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

#error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:114: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:134: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:152: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:173: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:190: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:213: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

AFMotor.cpp:230: error: #error "This chip is not supported!"

^

In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\io.h:99:0,

from sketch\AFMotor.cpp:6:

sketch\AFMotor.cpp: In constructor 'AF_Stepper::AF_Stepper(uint16_t, uint8_t)':

AFMotor.h:15: error: 'CS20' was not declared in this scope

#define MOTOR12_64KHZ _BV(CS20)  // no prescale

^

sketch\AFMotor.cpp:334:14: note: in expansion of macro 'MOTOR12_64KHZ'

initPWM1(MOTOR12_64KHZ);

^

exit status 1

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

i'm wodring if I need to run all this code including the motor example I really need your help guys.

hrh1818
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Two problems.  One. The Arduino Leonardo is not compatible with LIFA.  The Leonardo has a different register layout than an Arduino Uno.  Two.  You need to use an older version of the Arduino IDE to compile the LIFA_Base..  You need to use either version 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 of the IDE to compile LIFA_Base.   Others in the past have been able to use LIFA with Leonardo by removing all references to the Adafruit library from the LIFA code. 

Seeing as how LIFA is no longer supported by National Instruments I suggest you LINX.   LINX is compatible with Leonardo. 

hrh212

Semaren
on

Hello,

Could anyone help me to solve this issue? I am trying to download the firmware into to the Arduino UNO (in this case) but, is not working, it shows me the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to

^

Error compiling.

I will appreciate a lot!

Thanks

hrh1818
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

LIFA is not compatible with recent versions of the Arduino IDE.  You need to use version 1.0.5 of the Arduino IDE to compile LIFA.   Because National Instruments  no longer supports LIFA you should use LINX instead of LIF.

hrh212

vishots.com
on

Then someone should shut down this community if it's no longer supported.

Laaj
on

i want to connect my DAQ with arduino and want vary the duty cycle of LED attatched with arduino by changing voltages of DAQ..please some one help me

chrisharrison3456
on

I understand that you are having trouble interfacing your Arduino Uno with the evaluation version of LabVIEW. You mentioned that you have followed all the necessary steps, but the Arduino is not interfacing and you are not getting any errors.

One possible issue could be that the LabVIEW driver for the Arduino is not installed or configured correctly. You may want to double-check that you have installed the correct driver and that it is properly configured within LabVIEW.

Another possibility could be that there is an issue with the USB cable you are using to connect the Arduino to your computer. Try using a different USB cable to see if that resolves the issue.

Additionally, you may want to check that the Arduino is properly connected to your computer and that it is receiving power. Make sure that the board is connected to a power source and that the LED lights on the board are functioning as expected.

If none of these suggestions resolve the issue, you may want to provide more details about the steps you have taken and any error messages you are receiving in order to help diagnose the issue further.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Contributors