LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question controlling with a DHT22

Hi community!

Like many others here im quite new to Labview as well as Arduino. First I will write something about my project:

I have an Arduino Uno + Labview11 + a DHT22 temperature (T) and humidity (RH) sensor which is used to measure the temperatur of an airstream. In the end I would like to controll a heater and switch which will ensure a constant temperature and humidity in the air.

Right now I finished a working VI and Sketch to make the measurements of T and RH. First I tried it with LINX but there seem to be some problems getting a DHT22 running so it is now running via sketch+lib.

My question is very basic and please correct me if Im somewhere wrong in my explanation:

I want to set a limit value for RH in LV. When the real RH is higher, I need an output signal to set a switch. When the wanted RH is reached, the signal is switched of.

If I unterstand right, I have to set a digital output in labview and connect it with on of the output on my Arudino. Can I use the stuff from this small tutorial for it? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/DigitalWrite

I would include the input into my Sketch which you can see below and set the outputs in LV and try to connect them?

#include <DHT.h>

#define DHTPIN 2 //PIN DONDE CONECTAR LA SEÑAL DEL SENSOR

#define DHTTYPE DHT22

DHT dht(DHTPIN, DHTTYPE);

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  dht.begin();

}

void loop() {

float h = dht.readHumidity();
  float t = dht.readTemperature();
  float tf = dht.readTemperature(true);