LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when compiling LIFA_Base with LV 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I am getting the following error when I try to upload or verify the "LIFA_Base" firmware to a Mega 2560 board.

Arduino: 1.7.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to

^

Error compiling.

Is there a newer file for the new Arduino IDE software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Plumbob

Hi Plumbob.

I had the same problem, let me tell you how I fixed that trouble.

1.- Look for, in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\" folder, the following files:

IRremote.cpp

IRremote.h

IRremoteTools.cpp

IRremoteTools.h

2.- Move them (cut and paste) in another place, for example in your Desktop or in another folder in "My Documents". The goal is to move the files showed above from the RobotIRremote folder to another location.

3.- Try to Upload the codeone more time.

Please, let me know if you can solve your problem with the solution I told you and check the "Right answer" button to rate the answer.

Regards

Message 2 of 5
(5,533 Views)

I first installed an older version of Arduino softwae, 1.0.5 r2 and that solved the problem. Then I reinstalled the latest Arduino software 1.6 and removed the files as suggested by daniel, and that also fixed the problem and is the prefered way since 1.0.5 is no longer supported. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,533 Views)

LIFA is no longer supported by its creator.  LINX is the replacement for LIFA and is actively being developed.  If possible, I'd recommend that you switch to using LINX instead.

http://www.labviewmakerhub.com/linx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,533 Views)

Valeu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,349 Views)