From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling 2 Stepper Motors (CNC Shield) with Labview

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop a Labview VI, that can control two Nema 17 Stepper Motors with a CNC-Shield and A4988 Drivers. It should be very basic (input steps for each motor, speed and direction; thats it). I am currently using a popular example VI which I have uploaded. It works fine, however I do not know, how to change the direction and the stepper number selection does not work for me: if i select Motor 1, it runs fine. If I select motor 2-8, both motors will turn but only roughly a quarter of the selected steps. Also, if I select motor 1 after selecting another number, it will turn in the other direction. This is probably because the program is built for a different driver.

Does anyone know about a good example VI, that can do what I am trying to do? Or can anyone give me advise, how to change the program I am currently using? I am very new to Labview so I hope my problem is clear.

Thank you,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,916 Views)

Hi pmaxd, I have similar problems with the example, have you yet figured it out?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,106 Views)
hi frd,
you need to use the different event for the stepper motor and algorithm has to be developed in such a way that when you select another number, it will change smoothly without disturbing the other motor.
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,048 Views)