LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino & Labview Runtime ??

Hiya folks...

Newbie Labview user here..

Have developed an Arduino VI on my copy of Labview 2010 SPI. Which works well and I'm v grateful for all the work that went into the LIFA....

Now I want to take this VI and run it on a laptop which doesn't have a copy of copy Labview on it.

I was under the impression that simply clicking on 'Build Application(EXE)' and then running this with the Labview Runtime engine on the laptop would work. But I'm getting various errors along the way so getting somewhat confused.

Has anybody done this and documented the method?

Thanks

Dave W

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,613 Views)

i currently developed two application with labview + arduino

1 app i am just passing information thorugh the serial port to the arduino...

second app i am using LIFA with the arduino to read a port and i did not have any problems getting LIFA to work with the application builder

this two applications are working right now in stand alon PC with Labview runtime enginer... JUST MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL IN THOSE COMPUTER THE VISA DRIVER.. if not the serial port will not work...

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,996 Views)

Hi - I sorted this in the end. Feel a little silly really....

The host PC I compiled this on had the Arduino on com port 5. The PC I was trying to use this on as a runtime decided to allocate com port 7. So I simply needed to reconfigure the com port for the same as that on the host PC and the thing came alive... Great..

Yes all you need is the Runtime engine, the VI runtime application. and the VISA drivers.

cheers

dw

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,996 Views)

If you don't manually supply a COM port to the init vi (leave it unwired) then it should search for it and get the correct COM port.  The OS might end up changing the COM port that the Arduino is on, FYI.  I've experienced this before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,996 Views)